Oxford Life Insurance Company
Oxford Life Insurance Company specializes in products that promote financial security, including annuities, Medicare Supplement products and life insurance policies. The company offers fixed indexed and multi-year guaranteed annuities for consumers.
- Written By Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
As a professional who values lifelong learning, Sheena Zimmermann joined the Annuity.org team with a deep commitment to connecting readers with resources designed to improve their financial literacy and strengthen their financial health.Read More
- Edited ByEmily Miller
Managing editor Emily Miller is an award-winning journalist with more than 10 years of experience as a researcher, writer and editor. Throughout her professional career, Emily has covered education, government, health care, crime and breaking news for media organizations in Florida, Washington, D.C. and Texas. She joined the Annuity.org team in 2016.Read More
- Updated: January 17, 2023
- 4 min read time
- This page features 6 Cited Research Articles
- Edited By
Since its founding in 1965, Oxford Life Insurance Company has supported the senior market with life insurance policies and annuities. Through its subsidiaries, the organization also offers Medicare Supplement insurance to help cover medical expenses not paid by Medicare.
Oxford Life Insurance Company amassed almost $3 billion in assets as of 2021, according to the most recent data from the credit rating agency AM Best. Annuities are a top line of business for the company, accounting for nearly 80.52% of direct premiums written.
About Oxford Life Insurance Company
Oxford Life Insurance Company, or Oxford Life, was established in Arizona with the goal of helping seniors achieve financial well-being throughout retirement.
“Our mission is to provide products and services promoting financial security to individuals that will enable them to live with dignity in their retirement years,” according to the Oxford Life website. “Oxford Life is a strong player in every field where it competes, and constantly strives to be a leader in the industry in all categories.”
Oxford Life achieves its mission through a strong partnership with two subsidiaries:
- Christian Fidelity Life Insurance Company:
- Medicare Supplement and final expense life insurance
- North American Insurance Company:
- Medicare Supplement insurance
Additionally, Oxford Life is a member of the publicly traded AMERCO financial holding network.
In August 2022, AM Best affirmed its financial strength rating for Oxford Life as A, reflecting the company’s recent annuity business growth. This scoring is the third highest out of AM Best’s 16 ratings.
Credit ratings are standardized evaluations of annuity providers’ financial stability. It’s important for consumers to research annuity and insurance companies’ credit ratings, as the companies should have proven soundness to cover and pay claims.
|AM Best:||A |
Annuity Products Offered by Oxford Life Insurance Company
Oxford Life issues fixed indexed annuities and multi-year guaranteed annuities. Annuity rates may vary depending on the product type, provider and location.
Fixed Indexed Annuities
Fixed indexed annuities are not directly exposed to the stock market, but they are tied to the performance of a specific stock index. If the index performs well, the annuity can grow. If the index experiences losses, the annuity has downside protection.
- Royal Select:
- Immediate 8 percent accumulation value growth
- Silver Select:
- 10 percent free withdrawal provision after first year
- Select Series:
- Choose a duration of three, five, seven or 10 years
Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities (MYGAs)
Oxford Life also issues multi-year guaranteed annuities, or MYGAs, which provide a fixed interest rate throughout a chosen time span — such as five years.
- Multi-Select: Choose a duration ranging from three to 10 years
Oxford Life clients have access to a convenient online portal to review policy details. Clients can also complete important annuity actions such as submitting claim forms, confirming that you’ve received your policy, filing death notifications and uploading death claim forms.
- Membership to fitness centers through the Active&Fit Direct Program
- Online health and fitness vendor discounts
- Specialty provider discounts for health care services
- Educational content for health and wellness
Any information offered about the company above is provided free of charge and individual product offerings are verified and accurate as of publication.
Our partners work with the provider companies mentioned on our site. However, Annuity.org is not a service provider. Actual products, terms and rates offered through the above company are subject to in-state availability and a variety of other factors. Visit the Our Partners page for additional information.
6 Cited Research Articles
Annuity.org writers adhere to strict sourcing guidelines and use only credible sources of information, including authoritative financial publications, academic organizations, peer-reviewed journals, highly regarded nonprofit organizations, government reports, court records and interviews with qualified experts. You can read more about our commitment to accuracy, fairness and transparency in our editorial guidelines.
- AM Best. (2022, August 18). AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Oxford Life Insurance Company and Its Subsidiaries. Retrieved from https://news.ambest.com/newscontent.aspx?altsrc=149&refnum=243859&_ga=2.169085858.2081948647.1662646395-1784704759.1662646395
- AM Best. (2021). Oxford Life Insurance Company. Retrieved from https://ratings.ambest.com/companyprofile.aspx?ambnum=7890&URatingId=-1&bl=64&AltSrc=3&PPP=&AltNum=20347890&Ext_User=22.214.171.124&Ext_Misc=CompanyProfile:&Portal=0
- Oxford Life Insurance Company. (n.d.). About Us. Retrieved from https://oxfordlife.com/about-us/
- Oxford Life Insurance Company (n.d.). Annuity Products. Retrieved from https://oxfordlife.com/products/annuity/
- Oxford Life Insurance Company. (n.d.). Choose Healthy. Retrieved from https://oxfordlife.com/policyholders/choose-healthy
- Oxford Life Insurance Company. (n.d.). Policyholders. Retrieved from https://oxfordlife.com/PolicyHolders/
Calling this number connects you to Senior Market Sales (SMS), a trusted partner of Annuity.org.
If you're interested in buying an annuity, a representative will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.
SMS is committed to excellent customer service. The company can help you find the right insurance agent for your unique financial objectives.877-918-7024