- Written By Jennifer Schell
Jennifer Schell is a professional writer focused on demystifying annuities and other financial topics including banking, financial advising and insurance. She is proud to be a member of the National Association for Fixed Annuities (NAFA) as well as the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).Read More
- Edited BySavannah Hanson
Senior Financial Editor
Savannah Hanson is an accomplished writer, editor and content marketer. She joined Annuity.org as a financial editor in 2021 and uses her passion for educating readers on complex topics to guide visitors toward the path of financial literacy.Read More
- Updated: December 19, 2022
- 4 min read time
- This page features 8 Cited Research Articles
- Edited By
About Oceanview Life and Annuity
Oceanview Life and Annuity Company is based in Phoenix, Arizona. The company holds a strong reputation as a trusted annuity provider. Oceanview’s executive leaders come from extensive backgrounds in the financial services industry, working at businesses such as annuity insurers, consulting firms and global banks.
The company website’s “Our Story” page describes Oceanview Life’s vision: “To expand the pool of investors in the U.S. that use fixed annuities as an element of their overall financial portfolio to generate attractive tax efficient returns.” To achieve this vision, Oceanview Life and Annuity seeks to provide annuities with competitive returns, easy-to-understand features and a thoughtful investment approach.
Annuity companies such as Oceanview Life and Annuity receive scores based on their overall financial stability. These scores are called credit ratings or financial strength ratings and are issued by independent agencies. The higher a rating the annuity provider receives, the more stable they are financially and the better chance they have of meeting their obligations.
Oceanview Life and Annuity has received a financial strength rating from one of the most renowned credit rating agencies, AM Best. The agency’s 2022 financial highlights update affirmed Oceanview’s rating as A-, which signifies an “Excellent” financial strength score. The update also confirmed that Oceanview had over $3.6 billion of assets as of December 31 2021. AM Best also revised the outlook of Oceanview Life and Annuity to positive from stable, citing the company’s very strong balance sheet and appropriate enterprise risk management.
Annuities Offered by Oceanview Life and Annuity
Oceanview Life and Annuity specializes in fixed annuity products. These annuities earn a guaranteed rate of interest during an accumulation period before converting the value of the contract into a stream of income payments. Oceanview sells two types of fixed annuities: multi-year guaranteed annuities and fixed indexed annuities.
Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities
Oceanview’s Harbourview and Sky Harbourview annuity series are what’s known as multi-year guaranteed annuities (MYGAs). When you purchase a MYGA, the interest your contract will earn is locked in for the duration of the annuity’s term.
The Harbourview Fixed Annuity series offered by Oceanview lets customers choose from periods of two, three, four, five, six, seven and 10 years. The Sky Harbourview series allows for a three-year or five-year period. Both MYGA series also feature death benefits and spousal continuation options.
Fixed Indexed Annuities
In addition to MYGA annuities, Oceanview Life and Annuity also provides fixed indexed annuities (FIAs). These annuities earn interest based on two factors: a minimum fixed interest rate that’s guaranteed for the contract (1% for Oceanview’s FIA products) and a cap rate that’s tied to the performance of an equity market index like the S&P 500.
Oceanview Life and Annuity’s FIA products provide premium protection along with maximum growth potential. The contract on the FIA also allows you to withdraw up to 10% of your annuity’s value each year without penalty after the first year of the contract.
Oceanview Life and Annuity’s online Resource Center helps annuity customers find what they need. Oceanview customers can browse the glossary to better understand the complexities of an annuity contract. Frequently asked questions are also available on the Resource Center’s FAQ page.
- Change of Beneficiaries Form
- Death Claim Form
- Letter of Intent
- Partial/Full Withdrawal Form
- Request for Copy of Contract
- Transfer Form
Any information offered about the company above is provided free of charge and individual product offerings are verified and accurate as of publication.
Our partners work with the provider companies mentioned on our site. However, Annuity.org is not a service provider. Actual products, terms and rates offered through the above company are subject to in-state availability and a variety of other factors. Visit the Our Partners page for additional information.
8 Cited Research Articles
Annuity.org writers adhere to strict sourcing guidelines and use only credible sources of information, including authoritative financial publications, academic organizations, peer-reviewed journals, highly regarded nonprofit organizations, government reports, court records and interviews with qualified experts. You can read more about our commitment to accuracy, fairness and transparency in our editorial guidelines.
- Business Wire. (2021, November 22). A.M. Best Revises Outlooks to Positive for Oceanview Life and Annuity Company and Oceanview Reinsurance Ltd. Retrieved from https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211122006555/en/AM-Best-Revises-Outlooks-to-Positive-for-Oceanview-Life-and-Annuity-Company-and-Oceanview-Reinsurance-Ltd
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (2022, March 29). Oceanview Highlights. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Financial-Highlights-032922.pdf
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). About. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/about/
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). Harbourview Fixed Annuity Series. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/products/harbourview-fixed-annuity-series/
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). Harbourview Fixed Indexed Annuity. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/products/harbourview-fixed-indexed-annuity/
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). Our Story. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/about/our-story/
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). Resources. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/resources/
- Oceanview Life and Annuity Company. (n.d.). Sky Harbourview Fixed Annuity Series. Retrieved from https://oceanviewlife.com/products/sky-harbourview-fixed-annuity-series/
Calling this number connects you to Senior Market Sales (SMS), a trusted partner of Annuity.org.
If you're interested in buying an annuity, a representative will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.
SMS is committed to excellent customer service. The company can help you find the right insurance agent for your unique financial objectives.877-918-7024