- Written By Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
As a professional who values lifelong learning, Sheena Zimmermann joined the Annuity.org team with a deep commitment to connecting readers with resources designed to improve their financial literacy and strengthen their financial health.Read More
- Edited ByEmily Miller
Managing editor Emily Miller is an award-winning journalist with more than 10 years of experience as a researcher, writer and editor. Throughout her professional career, Emily has covered education, government, health care, crime and breaking news for media organizations in Florida, Washington, D.C. and Texas. She joined the Annuity.org team in 2016.Read More
- Updated: December 19, 2022
- 4 min read time
- This page features 8 Cited Research Articles
- Edited By
Global Atlantic is one of the largest fixed rate and fixed annuity providers in the country, serving over 2 million clients. Through its subsidiaries, Global Atlantic issues products for retirement, life and reinsurance to meet its customers’ needs for income, wealth accumulation and end-of-life financial expenses.
“At Global Atlantic, we are focused on delivering clear value to our customers with an enduring commitment to keep the promises we make,” according to the company website.
About Global Atlantic
Global Atlantic was founded in 2004 as Goldman Sachs Reinsurance Group. It incorporated as a privately held company in 2013 under the name Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited. The organization acquired multiple business lines, and in 2016, all services and products were officially branded as Global Atlantic.
KKR & Co. Inc., a leading global investment firm, acquired approximately 60 percent of Global Atlantic in 2021. As a result, Global Atlantic now operates as a consolidated subsidiary of KKR.
Global Atlantic’s website says the company’s success “is driven by a unique heritage that combines deep product and distribution knowledge with leading investment and risk management capabilities, alongside a strong financial foundation.”
According to Business Wire, the company has reinsured about $80 billion of assets from its inception in 2004 to 2022.
Not all annuity providers like Global Atlantic operate in the same way. Credit ratings are important for consumers to review prior to buying an annuity, as this scoring is a representation of the annuity company’s financial security.
Among four major crediting agencies, two have given Global Atlantic a stable outlook, and two have scored the company’s outlook as positive.
|AM Best:||A |
|S&P Global Ratings:||A- |
Annuity Products Offered by Global Atlantic
Global Atlantic issues a diverse range of annuity products. Two subsidiaries, Forethought Life Insurance Company and Commonwealth Annuity and Life Insurance Company, issue the annuities.
Fixed annuities offer a locked-in interest rate for your earnings. Global Atlantic offers two fixed annuity product lines: ForeCare, with long-term care benefits, and SecureFore, with three time frames for growth to choose from.
Variable annuities have the highest growth potential — and also carry the greatest risk — of all the annuity types. You can choose from nearly 100 underlying investments with Global Atlantic’s ForeInvestors Choice product.
Fixed Index Annuities
The growth of these annuities can be credited in one of two ways: as a fixed interest rate with a specific interest percentage, or index-linked, with the earnings tied to the success of a market index such as the Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500).
- ForeAccumulation II
- ForeIncome II
- Income 150+ SE
- Choice Accumulation II
- Choice Income II
Global Atlantic’s ForeCertain income annuities guarantee payments for a set period or for your lifetime. You can begin receiving income right away or in the future.
The Global Atlantic website includes helpful guides and frequently asked questions for annuity and life insurance owners. Global Atlantic also offers assistance for clients financially impacted by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and guidance about the CARES Act as it relates to specific financial products.
Global Atlantic aims to match the right strategy to achieve your goals. Its products can help you grow your retirement savings, secure guaranteed income for life, provide protection for yourself and your loved ones, or leave a legacy.
Any information offered about the company above is provided free of charge and individual product offerings are verified and accurate as of publication.
Our partners work with the provider companies mentioned on our site. However, Annuity.org is not a service provider. Actual products, terms and rates offered through the above company are subject to in-state availability and a variety of other factors. Visit the Our Partners page for additional information.
8 Cited Research Articles
Annuity.org writers adhere to strict sourcing guidelines and use only credible sources of information, including authoritative financial publications, academic organizations, peer-reviewed journals, highly regarded nonprofit organizations, government reports, court records and interviews with qualified experts. You can read more about our commitment to accuracy, fairness and transparency in our editorial guidelines.
- Business Wire. (2021, March 31). AM Best Revises Issuer Credit Rating Outlook to Positive for Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited and Its Subsidiaries. Retrieved from https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210331005741/en/AM-Best-Revises-Issuer-Credit-Rating-Outlook-to-Positive-for-Global-Atlantic-Financial-Group-Limited-and-Its-Subsidiaries
- Business Wire. (2022, August 16). Global Atlantic Announces $10 Billion Group Annuity Reinsurance Agreement With Equitable. Retrieved from https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220816005565/en/Global-Atlantic-Announces-10-Billion-Group-Annuity-Reinsurance-Agreement-With-Equitable
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (n.d.). Fixed Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/retirement-annuities/fixed-annuities
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (n.d.). Fixed Index Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/retirement-annuities/fixed-index-annuities
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (n.d.). Income Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/retirement-annuities/income-annuities
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (2021, February 1). KKR Closes Acquisition of Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/news/KKR-closes-acquisition-of-Global-Atlantic-Financial-Group-Limited
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (n.d.). Meet Global Atlantic. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/meet-global-atlantic
- Global Atlantic Financial Group. (n.d.). Variable Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.globalatlantic.com/retirement-annuities/variable-annuities
Calling this number connects you to Senior Market Sales (SMS), a trusted partner of Annuity.org.
If you're interested in buying an annuity, a representative will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.
SMS is committed to excellent customer service. The company can help you find the right insurance agent for your unique financial objectives.877-918-7024