Annuity.org published its latest feature, “Your Roadmap to Financial Wellness,” on March 7. The piece explores the modern roadblocks many Americans face on the road to financial wellness and what it means to be financially free in today’s economic climate.
While the concepts of budgeting and saving continue to be fundamental basics for financial health, there’s more to consider when it comes to reaching financial wellness in the current landscape.
“When I started working on this project, I thought it would be a how-to guide on the steps you can take to achieve financial wellbeing throughout your life,” Senior Financial Writer and Financial Wellness Facilitator Terry Turner said. “But as I interviewed experts who’ve done extensive research into how Americans view their individual financial wellness, it was clear that decades-old conventional wisdom about savings, emergency funds and retirement planning went out the window.”
This feature helps illustrate how student loans, COVID-related economic upheaval and the so-called Great Resignation have impacted the ways members of different generations view their own financial wellness.
The Annuity.org editorial team conducts thorough research and collaborates with financial industry experts to provide readers with detailed and dependable information.
About the Feature’s Experts
- Kristen Carlisle, General Manager of 401(k) Business at Betterment
- Paul Golden, Managing Director of Media and Communications at the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
- Marlo Richardson, Entrepreneur and Motivational Speaker
- Mark Williams, President and CEO of Brokers International
- Snezana Zlatar, Senior Managing Director of Financial Wellness, Advice and Innovation at the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America
Visit the feature to learn more about financial wellness and to take our interactive quiz where you can find out how you compare to other Americans on the financial wellness scale.
For media inquiries and collaborations, contact Annuity.org Senior Financial Writer and Financial Wellness Facilitator Terry Turner at [email protected]