Annuity.org will hold a free retirement planning webinar on April 28, 2021, at 11 a.m. EST.
Host Roberta Eckert, a vice president of the Nationwide Retirement Institute, will draw on her more than 27 years of retirement planning experience to provide helpful tips for securing guaranteed income in retirement.
During the 45-minute webinar, you can expect:
- An in-depth look at Social Security benefits
- Information on how to fill income gaps during retirement
- Access to free, customized retirement analysis reports
Eckert has helped thousands of clients navigate the changing and challenging world of retirement planning. She holds CRPC, CLTC, RCC, CHSA and RICP designations as well as FINRA licenses. She specializes in retirement income planning and distribution and long-term care.
Take Charge of Your Retirement
Many Americans believe they can meet their retirement lifestyle needs with Social Security payments alone, but too often, they are not saving enough to cover costs for the rest of their lives.
The result: an income gap, or discrepancy between actual income and expenses.
On average, retired workers can expect to receive $1,543 monthly in 2021, or $18,516 annually, from their Social Security benefits, according to January 2021 estimates from the Social Security Administration.
However, older households spend an average of $45,756 annually, roughly $3,800 monthly on expenses, including housing, transportation, food and health care, according to a 2016 Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report.
Beyond mortgage payments and grocery costs, retirees often face additional, substantial expenses such as long-term care. Medicare does not typically cover long-term nursing home stays, so families could be left paying an estimated $4,000 monthly for assisted living or more than $8,000 monthly for skilled nursing needs.
Developing a plan to cover costs — and putting that plan into action early on — can help you optimize your savings and anticipate shortfalls.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Regardless of your age and income level, if you plan to retire someday, you may benefit from the savings tips in this webinar.
The information can be especially helpful if you are:
- Nearing or entering retirement
- Questioning when to trigger your Social Security benefits
- Concerned about health care costs
- Seeking guaranteed lifetime income
- Aiming to grow and preserve wealth
- Aspiring to leave a legacy
Planning for retirement can be overwhelming. This webinar is designed to explain some of the greatest risks to retirees and guide you through options that are available to you.
Don’t miss your chance to get free financial tips directly from a retirement planning expert with over 27 years of financial industry experience.Reserve Your Free Spot
3 Cited Research Articles
Annuity.org writers adhere to strict sourcing guidelines and use only credible sources of information, including authoritative financial publications, academic organizations, peer-reviewed journals, highly regarded nonprofit organizations, government reports, court records and interviews with qualified experts. You can read more about our commitment to accuracy, fairness and transparency in our editorial guidelines.
- Medicare.gov. (n.d.). How can I pay for nursing home care? Retrieved from https://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/what-part-a-covers/how-can-i-pay-for-nursing-home-care
- Social Security Administration. (2021, January). Understanding the Benefits. Retrieved from https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10024.pdf
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2018, April). Consumer Expenditures in 2016. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/consumer-expenditures/2016/pdf/home.pdf