- Written By Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed.
As a professional who values lifelong learning, Sheena Zimmermann joined the Annuity.org team with a deep commitment to connecting readers with resources designed to improve their financial literacy and strengthen their financial health.Read More
- Edited By
On March 29, Annuity.org published its latest feature article, “Impact of COVID-19 on Women in the Labor Force,” which examines workplace disparities, financial challenges and resources for working women.
An estimated 2.5 million women left the labor force between February and December 2020 — compared with 1.8 million men. The participation rate of women in the U.S. labor force has reached its lowest point since 1988, and the pandemic has compounded the issues that working women have faced for decades.
Annuity.org partnered with experts to unravel the reasons women are disproportionately impacted by the pandemic and offer resources for women in need.
About the Financial Experts
- Christie Angel, president and CEO, YWCA Columbus
- Kelley Griesmer, president and CEO, The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio
- Cindy Hounsell, president, Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER)
- Barbara O’Neill, Ph.D., CFP®, CRPC®, AFC, CHC, CFEd, CFCS, CPFFE — owner and CEO, Money Talk Financial Planning Seminars and Publications
- Andi Wrenn, AFC® — treasurer, Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE) Board of Directors
Promoting Positive Steps Toward Financial Well-Being
“Impact of COVID-19 on Women in the Labor Force” not only explains current statistics and challenges in depth, but also it sheds light on the positive steps women can take to persevere.
“Some steps are straight-forward, and some may require some guidance,” Annuity.org writer Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed. said. “I hope this feature helps women understand they are not alone in this journey, and they feel empowered to take decisive action toward financial well-being.”
Financial literacy and retirement planning and are essential for women to secure their financial future. “Impact of COVID-19 on Women in the Labor Force” supports Annuity.org’s commitment to educating readers and promoting financial health.
For media inquiries and collaborations, contact Annuity.org writer Sheena Zimmermann, M.Ed. at [email protected].