Write an Essay, Win a Scholarship
At Annuity.org, we encourage students to think about their financial future long before they graduate. Our essay topic is designed around a concept that’s easy to understand but difficult to execute: being responsible with your money today.
You just won a $10 million lottery jackpot! How will you spend it, and how will you make it last?
Tell us about your savvy investment strategy. Will you take your winnings in a lump sum, or will you select monthly (or yearly) annuity payments? Pick one of those payment plans, and discuss the advantages of your choice. Create a plan that incorporates taxes and investments so that you can meet your long-term needs. Show original, critical thinking for achieving immediate and future financial goals while considering today’s economic climate. As you relate your plan, bring awareness to the long-term value and potential of your new-found wealth.
How to Apply
Rules & Regulations
To be eligible to receive the Annuity.org Scholarship, a student must fulfill the following basic guidelines:
- Provide contact information with submission
- Any high school senior, undergraduate and graduate students
- Be enrolled in a U.S. college
- 700-1,400 words
- Include a works-cited page with at least three (3) sources
- Submit via email attachment as a .doc or .pdf file format.
- Full Name
- Phone Number
The Selection Process
- Grammar and Style
- Original Ideas
- Well-Researched and Plausible Investment Advice
- Organized and Persuasive Writing
- Foundational Knowledge of Finance